So finally i can tell you what i have been working on, well, check www.justphyl.webs.com and see for yourselves am so excited. But i will still be here, moving on, i love checking out peoples blogs and so i came around this DIY and want to share with you. enjoy.
- Denim shorts (I made mine from vintage jeans I found)
- Sequin fabric
- Tracing paper
- Needle and thread
1. You are going to do the embellishment in two different sections for each side of the shorts. First, lay the tracing paper on the top of one side of the shorts.
2. Use a pen to trace where you want the sequins to go and then cut out a pattern to match the front panel of the shorts.
3. Pin the pattern to the sequin fabric right side up.
4. Cut the piece of sequin fabric out. Repeat for the other side of the shorts so you have two pieces of sequin fabric.
5. Use your needle and thread to carefully sew the edges of the sequin fabric to the denim shorts – I ran along the edges to secure the sequins so they didn’t fall off where the fabric was cut. Do this for both pieces of sequin fabric, making sure to line up the middle seam carefully so there’s no gap.
6. Cut a slit so the beltloops of the jeans can still be seen and then sew around to secure. If required, trim any excess sequins along the hem and waistline.
All done! Time to hit a festival, or the beach perhaps?