Hope you'll are doing great, so,today i want to talk about how to dress to a cocktail party. Cocktail party attire isn't easy to figure out and can vary depending on the theme, time and type of cocktail party you're attending. To ease the confusion, here are some tips on how to dress for a cocktail party:
Follow the Theme: Cocktail party themes range from
casual barbeque to an elegant evening of dancing. In many cases, the
theme is indicated on the invitation and you can base what you wear from
there. For example, if it is a casual afternoon cocktail party
outdoors, dress comfortably and anticipate the weather. However, if it's
at a restaurant, try something like a sundress or skirt for women and
dress pants and shirt for men.
- Decoding the Dress Code: Hosts will often note the dress code on the invitation. Instead of trying to interpret cocktail party clothes on your own, we have defined each one to make it easier.
- Women: cocktail party dress, skirt and dress shirt, dress pants and dress shirt
Men: dress pants, button-down dress shirt, suit coat (optional)
- Women: formal short or full-length evening dress/gown
Men: tuxedo or full suit
- Men & women: theme-appropriate costume, nothing too revealing
Men & women: business attire
- Men & women: business attire
Upscale casual is code for a little nicer than normal, so men and
woman should dress up a bit more than on a normal day (no jeans!)
- Upscale casual is code for a little nicer than normal, so men and woman should dress up a bit more than on a normal day (no jeans!)
Daytime Versus Nighttime: The time of day that the party takes place is also a factor in choosing the right cocktail party clothes.
- Daytime: Daytime cocktail parties are generally more casual and laid back. Both men and women can wear comfortable casual party clothing that is seasonally appropriate.
Nighttime: An evening cocktail party will probably be more upscale.
Wear a dress or a suit, accessorize and get your hair and makeup